ORIENTATION - REGISTRATION
– Orientation 3pm-4:30pm
– English / Spanish
– 2433 S Grove Ave, Ontario, CA 91761
Please visit us. We will be delighted to guide you and provide an extended explanation. You can also call us, and we will promptly respond to any questions in regard to the apprenticeship program.
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM?
An apprenticeship is a training program that allows a student, called apprentice, to earn a wage while studying to become a cosmetologist or a barber.
Under the guidance and supervision of a licensed professional in an salon approved by the Board of a Barbering and Cosmetology.
Did you know that… Beauty Salons and Barber Shops can have student On-the-Job Training (study/work) with his/her Apprentice License issued by The Board of Barbering and Cosmetology?
Did you know that… you can participate in this program and EARN while you LEARN the Barbering or Cosmetology profession?
- Be at least sixteen (16) years of age and have completed the 10th grade or its equivalency (GED)
- Provide valid identification and SSN/ITIN.
- Complete 39 hour Pre-apprentice Course. 909 Clippers is an approved school where you can take the course.
- Have, a program sponsor; A licensed trainer wiling and able to train you and An licensed salon that is willing to employ you at an hourly wage.
- Complete and submit the Apprentice Agreement to DAS.
- Complete and submit to The Board of Barbering and Cosmetology for approval.
- Pay the appropriate fees.
- Be wiling and able to commit to work a minimum of 32 hours per week.
NEW LAW ALLOWING YOU TO STUDY AND WORK WITH YOUR ITIN
The California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology is now authorized to accept applications for licenses containing an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) in lieu of a Social Security Number (SSN). For information on obtaining an ITIN contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or visit www.irs.gov/Individuals/Individual-Taxpayer-Identification-Number-(ITIN)